SCP-1025, or the "Encyclopedia of Diseases", is an SCP object that can be obtained in SCP - Containment Breach.
SCP-1025 is a hardcover book, approximately 1,500 pages long. The front cover and spine feature the title "The Encyclopedia of Common Diseases, by Coltan Press". No other copies of a book with that title and publisher have been found, and no record of the publisher exists.
In-gameEditSCP-1025 can be found adjacent to SCP-714's room. The player must have a card of at least level 3 or higher in order to enter its room. If the player decides to read SCP-1025, a random page will be selected and the player will receive any of the following:
- Appendicitis: Displays the messages "The pain in your stomach is getting unbearable" after a prolonged period of time; will significantly lower the rate of stamina regeneration after this happens.
- Asthma: Coughing at intervals proportional to the player's remaining stamina; lowers the player's speed proportional to the player's remaining stamina.
- Cardiac Arrest: Increased heart beat frequency, eventually leading to death.
- Chickenpox: The message "Your skin is feeling itchy" is displayed at random intervals.
- Common Cold: Coughing at random intervals; significantly lower the rate of stamina regeneration.
- Lung Cancer: Coughing at random intervals and completely stops stamina regeneration, preventing the player from running.
There are a number of ways to negate SCP-1025's effects; an upgraded gas mask can negate the effects of lung cancer and the common cold, but not cure them. SCP-500 is capable of curing all symptoms. If the player is wearing SCP-714, then they won't develop any of the symptoms. However, applying the ring after reading the encyclopedia will neither prevent the effects from happening nor cure them.
- It's not entirely accurate when compared to the original article on the SCP wiki.
- The Common Cold page has a stain on it. This may have been added to make an implication that previous readers have sneezed on it, which is a natural symptom of the common cold.
- The information on SCP-1025's pages are direct excerpts from Wikipedia.
- The original documentation of SCP-1025 indirectly states that the book doesnt actually afflict diseases, but instead is a book that makes people paranoid of others around them, thinking they are infected with diseases most virulent and pestile. Hence, the effects of SCP-1025 are ironically a factual atrocity.
- As of v.0.9, SCP-1025 is now across the hall from SCP-714, with its own antechamber, rather than connected by the same antechamber.
- The book model has been in the game files since it was first released.
- It is unknown why SCP-1025 has a page about "Cardiac Arrest" because it's not a disease, but rather organ failure occuring in the heart.
- SCP-173 occasionally spawns inside of SCP-1025's room. This is somewhat confusing seeing that there are no vents leading into the room in which SCP-1025 resides.
- SCP-1025 was originally labelled as Keter in the SCP article for SCP-1025 in the wiki. However, the object class was changed to Safe because it was easily containable and its effects could be negated by simply not reading it at all.
|Readable pages of SCP-1025|